Keto Clan ‘Bacon and Egg Pie’
As you can probably tell by now I have quite a few recipes with eggs, this is honestly because it is so easy to just throw together whatever left over ingredients I have into a quiche or pie. It’s great for freezing and re heating for breakfasts on the go or to pack for lunches for my hubby.
Nutritional Information – Calories 355 (7 Servings)
Total Fat 28 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Sodium 705 mg
Potassium 85 mg
Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 20 g
- 6 Free Range Eggs Large
- 1 Shallot roughly diced
- 200 g, Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
- 70 g Almond Meal/flour
- 25 g, Spreadable Cream Cheese
- ½ TBSP Psyllium Husks Powder
- 250 g, Bacon
- 20 g, Tasty Cheddar Cheese
- 30g, Tomatoes
- 50 ml thickened cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Pie crust-
- Place mozzarella cheese in a microwave safe dish and place on high for 90 seconds.
- Add cream cheese and stir thoroughly.
- Add the almond meal, psyllium husk, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. You may have to use your hands to combine all the ingredients together. Press the ‘dough’ out on a piece of baking paper and spread it out as thin as possible. Then cut the dough in half so that you have enough to cover the base of your pie dish. Line the base of your dish with the dough and blind bake this in the oven for about 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on this so it doesn’t burn.
For the filling-
- Dice your bacon and shallots then cook this in a frying pan for a few minutes until nearly cooked.
- Slice your tomatoes to the thickness that you like ( I prefer to dice mine)
- Add your eggs to a mixing bowl also add your cream and whisk thoroughly.
- Add in your bacon.
- Check on your pie crust that is baking in the oven. Once this is ready pour your egg mixture in.
- Finally place your remainder pie crust over the egg mixture. The best way to do this is to just try and press it down around the edges of the cooked crust. It will probably look a little messy but it will join while cooking.
- Cook for around 30 minutes.