‘The Keto Clan Big Breakie’
This has to be one of the yummiest breakfast my hubby has made for me, every mouthful was just heaven. It’s also the perfect breakfast if your cooking for guests.
It is best to cook this recipe in a cast iron pot that has a lid, but if you don’t have one of those any large saucepan with top will do. Also adding Spinach and Chorizo sausage for a bit of spice into this recipe is fantastic and i would strongly recommend trying it.
Nutritional Information – Calories 444 (3 Servings)
Total Fat 36g
Saturated Fat 15 g
Monounsaturated Fat 6 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 372 mg
Sodium 1264 mg
Potassium 11 mg
Total Carbohydrate 8 g
Dietary Fiber 2
Sugars 6 g
Protein 27 g
50g Cheddar Cheese
60g Red Onion
6 Large Free Range Eggs
3 g Basil (Fresh or Dried)
3 g Parsley (Fresh or Dried)
20 g Organic Butter
30 g Butter Mushrooms
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Dice and then cook bacon and onion in the butter.
2. While that is cooking, Dice your tomato & mushrooms and grate your Cheese. Also dice your herbs.
3. Add your mushrooms to the onion and bacon let this saute for several minutes.
4. Add tomato, basil, and parsley (if you choose to use spinach in this recipe this is where you would add it)
5. Crack your eggs evenly over the contents of the pan (check picture for how I did it) then sprinkle with your cheese and salt and pepper. Place your lid on and then cook for 2-5 minutes on a low heat, how long you cook the eggs honestly just depends on how you prefer your eggs.
6. Turn off the heat and enjoy!!
Note: The best way to plate this is to make sure when you add the eggs you try to group them in three sets of two eggs, this way you can slice it with a spatula and serve it like a piece of pie as the egg and the cheese would have bounded together.