The Keto Clan ‘Chicken with white wine sauce’
Chicken with white wine sauce served with fettuccine has always been a favorite of my husbands and mine, he gave me the recipe his mum used to use when he was younger and we enjoyed it on many occasions over the years.
I honestly wasn’t sure what I would serve it with when I decided to make it the other night because its just a dish that goes with pasta 🙂 but in saying that…it went so well with the vegetables every mouthful left me wanting more and the bonus I didn’t feel bloated after eating it!
This is a really quick easy dish I just brought a roast chicken from the shops and cut that up to speed the process up even more, but you could cook your chicken if you would rather do that.
It has a few more carbs than I would like due to the wine so it will definitely be a once every month dish! Enjoy guys.
Nutritional Information – Calories 442 (4 Servings)
Total Fat 29g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 689 mg
Potassium 32 mg
Total Carbohydrate 10 g
Protein 24 g
- 350 g Chicken Breast sliced thin
- 1 Cup thickened cream
- 1 Cup Dry White wine
- 1 Large Shallot; Chopped (30 g)
- 2 Cloves Garlic; Minced
- 200 g Mushrooms Diced
- 1 Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter; 1 for Pan frying shallots & mushrooms & 1 for melting over vegetables
- 20 g Parmesan Cheese
- 200 g Frozen Broccoli and Cauliflower
- In a large saucepan melt half the butter and then add the chopped shallots, garlic & mushrooms. Saute for 5 minutes or until translucent and staring to brown. (at the same time start cooking your vegetables in another pan or microwave)
- Stir in your oregano, parsley, and basil.
- Add the white wine bring to a boil then allow to simmer for around 5 minutes.
- After all the alcohol has evaporated it will have reduced by half, add the cream continue stirring until it forms a nice consistency (Also be careful and keep an eye on your sauce so it doesn’t burn and stick to the bottom of your pan!)
- Toss in your diced chicken and cook for a further few minutes.
- Once your vegetables are cooked melt the remaining butter over them and then place them on a plate and ladle the chicken white wine sauce on top..