Make the Best Tasting Keto Pizza
How to make the best Keto Pizza or Fathead Pizza base. One of the things that we really missed when starting the ketogenic diet was Pizza. After a lot of failed attempts at making different versions of the Fathead pizza base we came across and tweaked this one ourselves.
We have also found this a great first meal to break an intermittent fast on. I should say second meal, as you should still have a bone broth & apple cider vinegar to prepare your stomach for the “real first meal” which you would have about an hour later.
We love our base super thin so I usually press the dough out into a larger rectangle tin. We find this also helps the cooking process, giving the base a crispy but also spongy texture.
There are so many variations for toppings this is one of the standard toppings we like.
This doesn’t mean you need to make it like this if you don’t like salami, you can make a meat lover, chicken or a Lamb version. You can also use toppings like baby spinach to up your potassium for the day.
Just remember to adjust your Marcos accordingly if you change the toppings to take account of variations in carbs, fats, and proteins. Use the meal function in MyfitnessPal by adding all the ingredients into it then, dividing it by the number of slices as servings.
Servings: 8 Slices
Nutrition: 282 Calories per serving
Total Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 21 mg
Sodium 399 mg
Potassium 69 mg
Carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Protein 17 g
- 5g (1 Tablespoon), Psyllium Husks
- 1 Large Free Range Egg
- 75g Almond Meal
- 1 Tbsp Basil or Parsley
- 175g Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 50g Hungarian Salami
- 65g Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 25g Red Onion Diced
- 60 g Bambini Bocconcini sliced
- 50g Shaved Milano Loin Ham
- 75g Cherry Tomatoes
- 60g, Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 40g Cheddar Cheese
- 40g Tomato Paste
- ½ Ball Buffalo Mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius. Measure out 175g grated mozzarella cheese and put into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the cheese until fully melted and pliable, approximately 90 seconds. Add 65g cream cheese and 1 egg to the cheese and mix until combined.
- Add 75g almond meal, 1 tbsp. psyllium husk, 1 tbsp. fresh basil or parsley (or dried Italian seasoning if you don’t have fresh herbs) and a pinch of salt and pepper to the cheese mixture and mix together well.
- The dough should bind together well and when cool enough, knead into a small round ball.
- Place the dough onto a sheet of baking paper on an oven tray with a drizzle of olive oil to prevent it sticking. Press the dough out with your hands either forming a circular or rectangular pattern as you press outwards.
- Place the pizza into the oven and bake for 10 minutes on one side then remove from the oven.
- Flip the pizza over to the other side and onto another piece of baking paper. Bake for another 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with tomato paste and onion then place your other ingredients as you please then finish by topping with the cheeses.
- Bake again for an additional 5-10 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your pizza base.
- Remove from oven, cut into slices, and serve.