Looking for a side dish to go with tonight’s dinner? This is a very quick dish that is so versatile and can be used to go along with anything. It only takes about 10 minutes to cook and is delicious! Usually we will add other vegetables such as green beans and zucchini, but honestly, it just depends what is in the fridge on the day. You can leave out the butter if you want it honestly doesn’t affect the taste at all. It’s just better using it as it boosts your fat intake.
I also use this recipe when I am cooking a roast except once the vegetables and sauce are cooked I will pour it into an oven safe dish sprinkle with more cheese usually a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheese and then I will cook it for roughly 15 mins on 180 degrees Celsius. (which I think is around 350 Fahrenheit)
Nutritional Information – Calories 228 (2 Servings)
Total Fat 17 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
Sodium 203 mg
Potassium 8 mg
Total Carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 5 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 14 g
- 40 g, Australian Mozzarella Cheese (Grated)
- 30 g, Spreadable Cream Cheese
- 150 ml(s), Cream Thickened
- 10 g organic butter
- 200 g, Frozen Broccoli
- 200 g, Frozen Cauliflower Florets
- Salt and Pepper
1. Cook your vegetables however you usually do (for a small amount I usually use a microwave safe steam container and cook on high for around 5 minutes.)
2. Measure out your cream cheese, cream, and cheese.
3. Place your saucepan on the stove on a medium to high heat then put in your cream cheese, butter and pour in your cream.
4. Bring this to a simmer and stir until the cream cheese has melted and then put in your cheese and add some salt and pepper. Combine until smooth and creamy.