The Keto Clan ‘Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar’
I have attempted a few fat bombs over the past few months and honestly have not liked any of them. I couldn’t handle the taste of the coconut oil it just left a horrible taste in my mouth.
I decided that I felt like something so I went to the cupboard and basically put in all the ingredients I had. I used more butter than I did coconut oil and that really helped eliminate the problem with the taste. Ideally I would have liked to of used more dark chocolate but I only had two squares in the pantry. So I would suggest you add 20 g instead of 15 g…
All in all I was really pleased with the results, next time I will try to use some almond meal with the coconut flour but as I had none It had to do. Definitely something I am going to play around with. If your looking for lower calories per bar you can minus the macadamia nuts and that will bring it down to about 140 calories. I only added them in for a different texture. You could also try rolling them into small balls this would increase the quantity and lower the calories.
If you have any good suggestions for other ingredients that you enjoy let me know and I’ll give it a try, and will post the results.
Nutritional Information – Calories 170 (12 Servings)
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 8 g
Sodium 79 mg
Potassium 22 mg
Total Carbohydrate 3 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 2 g
Protein 7 g
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 100 g, Peanut Butter Smooth Kraft (preferably use natural)
- 30 g, Organic Butter
- 56 g, 100% Whey Protein Divine Chocolate (2 scoops)
- 15 g, Organic Cacao Powder
- 30 g Organic Coconut Flour
- 15 g, Lindt 85 % Dark Chocolate
- 3 Drops, Stevia Liquid Concentrate
- 40 g, Fine Desiccated Coconut
- 20 g Diced Macadamia Nuts
- 1 Tbsp Upgraded Mct Oil (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl place your, peanut butter, whey powder, cacao powder, and shredded coconut and diced macadamia nuts.
- Melt your butter and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish.
- Finely grate your dark chocolate or you can just chop it into chunks if you prefer. (I have tried both ways but I preferred it finely grated.) Place this in your bowl.
- Add your melted butter and coconut oil and stevia drops now and stir thoroughly. (You can add more or less stevia drops it honestly depends on your taste.) If you have MCT oil you can add this now as well.
- Get some baking paper and line the bottom of the dish you are going to place this in, then press the mixture out and refrigerate…or if you can’t wait pop it in the freezer so it hardens faster and then place in the fridge after you have tried a piece.
Notes: I only used kraft peanut butter because it was all I had in my pantry using a natural peanut butter will lower the carb count so your better off using that. I also would add a little more chocolate next time perhaps 20 g instead of 15 g. I added the MCT oil just to boost the fat content, if you don’t have it you can just leave that ingredient out.
Also I am not a qualified nutritionist I just enjoy sharing my recipes with you all so please consult your doctor before starting any diet.